Children Matters and Care

Legal Advice for Children Matters and Care

At Elaine Parkes Solicitors we are experienced in helping parents and families make arrangements for children following the breakdown of a relationship. We will make sure that everyone involved understands their legal rights and responsibilities whilst ensuring that the views of you and your children are heard.

Our aim is to clearly explain what arrangements for children need to be considered and help you put things in place to create a more stable and happy future for you and your children.

Care Proceedings and Social Services

Care proceedings are Court proceedings brought by the Local Authority where they may make an application for a Care Order or Supervision Order in respect of a child. Care proceedings are highly emotional and we have extensive experience in representing parents, children, guardian’s, grandparents and extended family members. Given the traumatic nature of the proceedings, we deal with these cases professionally, sensitively and with expertise.

You may be entitled to Legal Aid to fund a case of this type.

If you have any concerns regarding Social Services, Child Protection, Care Proceedings or Adoption please contact a member of our family team immediately.

Our children law solicitors are represented on the Law Society’s Children Panel and are accredited Resolution specialists.

Children Matters and Care issues that we can help you with include:

  • Representation of Children, Children’s Guardians, Parents, Grandparents and Foster parents
  • Residence / Contact
  • Prohibited steps / Specific issue
  • Special Guardianship
  • Adoption / Placement
  • Public law – EPO/ Care / Supervision
  • Permission to take the child out of the jurisdiction
  • Change of name

Related services


Divorce and Separation
Legal Aid

For confidential, friendly advice about children matters and care, call Elaine Parkes Solicitors on 01424 883183